GELCOAT APPLICATION GUIDELINES
- Stir the container slowly for 5 minutes before using.
- Do not over mix as this will cause loss of thixotropic properties. If the product is over mixed, let it rest for at least 4 hours to recover original properties.
- Apply the gel coat in several thin passes to avoid air entrapment, porosity and sagging.
- Recommended application thickness is 600-800 .
- It is recommended that the peroxide amount should remain between 1-2,5%.
- Before application check the temperatures of the gel coat, the mold and the shop. Do not apply gel coat if the temperature is lower than 18°C.
- If the temperature is low and faster gel and cure are required, some Cobalt may be added.
- Post added Cobalt (6% concentration) amount should be maximum 1gr per 1kg gel coat.